KEH, as part of the Kleinfelder team, is supporting the City of San Diego on the North Park Storm Drain Replacement Project. This project will replace in-place approximately 1,400 linear-feet (LF) of existing 12-, 15- and 18-inch diameter corrugated metal pipe (CMP) storm drains within existing easements and rights-of-way (ROW) with equal-in-diameter reinforced concrete pipe (RCP) and, if necessary, be further extended into vegetated canyons. Approximately 1,390 LF of new 18-inch diameter RCP storm drains along Suncrest Drive, Myrtle Avenue, and Crestwood Place (paper street) will be installed as well as new storm drain inlets, cleanouts, and energy dissipaters. Approximately 75 LF of existing CMP storm drain and easement associated with Crestwood Place will be vacated and abandoned in-place, and new easements where necessary will be acquired.
The project is located within the Greater North Park Community Planning Area (Council District 3) and can be separated into five distinct segments:
- Vista Place
- Replace approximately 20 feet of existing CMP with RCP.
- Suncrest Drive
- Rehabilitate and privatize approximately 800 feet of existing storm drain pipe.
- Abandon approximately 110 feet of existing storm drain pipe.
- Install approximately 820 feet of new RCP storm drain pipe.
- Arizona Street
- Replace approximately 140 feet of existing CMP with RCP.
- Myrtle Avenue
- Abandon approximately 130 feet of existing storm drain pipe.
- Replace approximately 200 feet of existing CMP with RCP.
- Install approximately 40 feet of new RCP storm drain pipe.
- Crestwood Place
- Replace approximately 75 feet of existing CMP with RCP.
KEH will be involved in conducting the preliminary design and the 60%, 90% and Final Design packages in addition to environmental and permitting support services for agency permit coordination. KEH will also provide support services during the bid and award phase as well as during the construction phase.